Half Life: Forewords

By | 11:24 Leave a Comment



The loud bass of my heartbeat is all I can hear
As you look at me and flash a smile that's so sincere 
Your eyes are soft as the gentle zephyrs cheer 
The blossoming emotions are so achingly dear. 

My fingers reach out to trace the silkiness of your skin 
I watch in fascination as your lips broke in a charming grin 
I take a deep breath to calm my heart's fast beating 
But shortly, I decide to give up and let my feelings win. 

Your image always haunts me every cold night 
When the moon's silver shreds sparkle with might 
Countless times there was when I tried to fight 
But I cannot turn back from something that feels so right. 

The raven hair that frames your handsome face 
It goes with the wind in a dance so full of grace 
You tilt your face to welcome the sun's golden rays 
And let the playful wind continue with its chase. 

Your eyes look at me in a tender gaze 
This sent my heart in a pit of complicated maze 
The doe-like orbs that complement the angle of your face 
Always touch the side of my heart where emotion lays. 

Your shoulders are broad and your body is lean 
The warmth of protection they promise is readily seen 
But I can never let myself fall for this grave sin 
I have to turn back even if the pain is crippling. 

I clutch my heart to save it from its downfall 
Trying to ignore its insistent plea and lamenting call 
Tampered pieces of my heart scattered across the hall 
Yet I ignored it to keep my sanity…

For you could only ever be my Ge after all…


I clutched my chest protectively in an attempt to still its harsh pounding. The truth that unveiled before my very eyes had been enough to draw shock. I could literally feel the pain radiate to my lungs, making breathing a hard labor. I stumbled on a cushion, feeling my strength dissipating from my body.

My phone played a familiar melody and I instinctively pressed the 'read' button. Like what I expected, it was a message from someone who had always been so painfully dear to my heart. I smiled tearfully. He had invited me to have dinner with him at his yacht. My heart fluttered blissfully in its cage at the thought of it and I didn't know what I feel anymore. It was like a tug of war between two opposing forces that are too strong; neither wanting to let go.

A solitary bead of tear escaped the rim of my eye before I could stop it. With shaking hands, I texted my little sister; telling her to get her most beautiful cocktail dress ready tonight.


Chun Wu
"It's hard to pretend you love someone when you don't but it's harder to pretend that you don't love someone when you deeply do."

Ella Chen
"It hurts when you find out that the person you love feels the same about you but you just have to step back to avoid conflicts."

Aaron Yan
"Sometimes, persons who are afraid of engaging in a relationship are the ones who know what it's actually like."

Hebe Tian
"It hurts when you know you both love each other but you can't be together just because it has to be like that."



▌ H A L F L I F E ▐
"Should I be happy because we know each other or should I cry because that's as far as we can get?"

0 comments: