Life Without Him: Chapter 1

By | 16:59 Leave a Comment


It's a pleasant Monday morning. No rain clouds seem to threaten the clear blue sky. I made sure that I won't be late for school today. It's not that bad to deviate from my usual routine of tardiness, after all. I grabbed my backpack and hurried my way to the kitchen. After eating several spoonfuls of eggs and bacon, I reached up to kiss my mother goodbye. Careful not to step over my cute cat by the name of Mewy (cute name, eh?) I nearly slip on several flight of stairs leading to the door. I heard my mom's faint voice warning me to be careful.

I've always been a walking disaster and I'm well aware of that. Of course you'd also be if you're in my place, having to live with an idiot of a guy for ten years who irritates you like an alarm clock every single minute. I wonder why I have to meet him? Why did I ever introduce him to that house-for-sale that's two blocks away from our house? I still consider it as the most stupid decision I ever made in ten years.

Stealing a quick glance at the direction of the apartment, I rushed my way out of our gate after making sure that there's no sign of the moron. Being greeted by his ugly face early in a beautiful morning is the least thing I ever wanted to happen right now. Slinging my leg so that I am straddling my bicycle, I pedaled my way off to school.

It's seven o'clock when I reached the school and I was greeted by the the sight of a red porsche parked several meters away from the bicycle parking area. For the umpteenth time, I wondered why gorgeous things go extremely ugly when he's around.

I crouched down as low as I could, eager to make sure that he wouldn't see me. I have a weird inkling that I'm his favorite toy. He likes it when I'm upset so being the sadist that he is, he makes sure that not a day would go by without him terrorizing me.

I sneaked a peak at the direction of the red car while crouching behind a bush. I know that I look quite stupid with my position but I don't care. Getting away from him is my priority. Trailing my eyes to the dark windows, I realized that I cannot make out if there's someone inside. Facing the opposite way slowly, I made a beeline towards the lobby. Desperate to get away, I barely registered the pain that came colliding into a brick wall.

"Ouch! How come there's a brick wall in here?! I think I'm getting a bruise," I muttered under my breath while rubbing my bottom at the same time.

"What are you doing there, burger?" a voice asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Wide-eyed, I forced myself to look at the source of the horrible voice. I found myself staring at a guy's face with ugly pointed nose, ugly thin lips, and ugly inquisitive eyes. Yeah, everything about this guy is ugly.

Rolling my eyes for the sheer unluckiness of it all, I muttered under my breath, "What do you think? Looking for you?"

Unable to contain the embarrassment of being caught red handed, I forced myself to stand, swaying clumsily as I went, "It's none of your business. And don't call me burger!"

I saw a smirk draw its way across his face. With an irritating air of arrogance, he said, "Come on, I know you like being called that way. Lots of people would give anything to be on your shoes and be called burger by the most handsome man on the campus." Slinging an arm around me, he ruffled my hair so badly that I doubt I'd be able to comb it straight again. "Come on burger. I know you like me. Lots of people do. I caught you spying on my car, eh? You were waiting for me to turn up all along, stalker burger," he laughed at me while holding me steady, drawing attention from other students.

"Why on earth do I have to suffer the misfortune of --"

"Misfortune of loving me?" he cut off. I'm utterly trembling with anger at the moment. I want to punch him so hard my knuckles turned white at the strong urge to destroy his ugly face.

"You're such a narcissistic asshole! I hate you!" I shouted at the top of my voice, oblivious of the angry looks of the onlookers and admirers of this self-proclaimed campus king.

"No bad language please! Miss Park Minyoung, detention at six o'clock! My office!" A sharp voice echoed from behind us. I tried my best to break free from the clutches of the evil man and, with much difficulty, I forced myself to look at the stern face of our Dean. A strict-looking woman who acts like she's never experienced love from any man her whole life. She fancies every good-looking guy in the campus and she favors whatever they do. I don't have the faintest idea what made her include this stupid guy beside me on her long list.

"But Professor Kang, I'm not the one who started it. This bloke beside me --"

"Enough of the reasoning Miss. I do not tolerate bad manners in my school, let alone someone who acts like a scarlet woman. Proceed to your classroom and meet me in my office at six today," she said pointedly, with a hint of something that resembles jealousy in her tone.

"Correct me if I'm mistaken, Mr. Lee Minho, is it?" batting her eyelashes, she continued as she turned to look at the monster beside me, with a simpering look on her face. "I am pleased that you possess such gentle manners. You may now proceed to your classroom. I will ensure that the inexcusable attitude of Ms. Park will be attended to accordingly," she droned, wearing a sickening smile of a desperate old hag.

Great. Just great. You get what I'm talking about? I might be a walking disaster but Lee Minho is a walking monster! He always gets me into trouble! Another detention in Professor Kang's office. I wonder what she'll get me to clean later. I already cleaned her office windows last month and her toilet last week - all thanks to this evil of a guy beside me.

I'd definitely do anything to stop him from pestering me around. It's Monday and I'm already facing a detention with the old hag. Grudgingly, I wondered what other trouble he'd get me into.

0 comments: